The Stillwater Support Group meets from 1:00 PM to 3:00 PM usually on the second Wednesday of each month. Please check this site or Don Wright’s excellent Minnesota Myeloma blog to be certain of the date and to learn the meeting agenda issues. The meetings are held at:
Family Means Center
1875 Northwestern Ave S.
Stillwater, MN 55082
✦ 2017 Meeting Schedule ✦
- January 11 – A look at Myeloma Highlights from the 2016 American Society of Hematology (ASH) conference / Open Discussion
- February 8 – SPECIAL MEETING – 12:00 Noon – The February meeting will be at Gulden’s restaurant (2999 North Hwy 61, Maplewood, MN 55109-1019). We will have our own room and order off the regular menu so share your stories and … can you pass the salt? If you’re not yet registered you can e-mail Bev Culy at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone her directly at 651-337-1746.
- March 8 – Julie West, RN, BSN, OCN Clinical Nurse Consultant from Celgene will join us to discuss how to understand lab values. / Open Discussion.
- April 12 – Our speaker will be LeeAnn Greavu. LeeAnn is a clinical dietician/nutritionist with the Healtheast system and works with cancer care patients. / Open Discussion
- May 10 – Brady Voight – Mayo Clinic Transplant Social Worker. / Open Discussion
- June 14 – Caregiver Breakout & Open Discussion
- July 12 – David Dingli, M.D, Ph.D. of the Bone Marrow Transplant Program, Transplant Center, Mayo Clinic-Rochester. Dr. Dingli is has a particular interest in understanding the dynamic interactions between tumors cells, therapeutic viruses and the immune system, and how these interactions determine the outcome of therapy. / Open Discussion
- August 9 – Our guest speaker will be Maribeth Smart, RN, MBA Clinical Nurse Educator with InVentiv Health for Janssen Oncology. Maribeth will discuss the monoclonal antibody darzalex (daratumumab) which the FDA has approved for single and combination therapy in previously treated patients / Open Discussion
- September 13 NOTE: Special Time and Location – Join us for our annual cruise up the Saint Croix River. Please arrive at the St. Croix Boat & Packet Co. (525 Main St S, Stillwater, MN 55082) between 11:15 and 11:30 to pay for the trip. The boat departs promptly at noon and returns at 2:30. Don’t worry about the weather, we sail rain or shine as the boat has fully enclosed sections. The cost of the trip is $20.00 per person and includes lunch as well as the boat ride.
- October 11 – TBA / Open Discussion
- November 8 – Sue Enright, Midwest Regional Director of Support Groups for the International Myeloma Foundation and the spouse of a Myeloma patient will join us to discuss how to be an effective caregiver without going crazy during our Caregiver Breakout & Open Discussion
- December 13, 12:00 Noon – Christmas potluck buffet. NOTE THE TIME: This meeting is an hour earlier than usual.
Stillwater Support Group
Barb Davis = Phone: 651-486-9360, Email: email@example.com
Bev Culy = Phone: 651-337-1747, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Diane Zimmerhakl = Phone: 651-731-5442, Email: email@example.com
General Stillwater Support Group Email: Stillwater@imfsupport.org